Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 3: My Legs Feel Like J-E-L-L-O

"People often say that motivation doesn't last.
Well, neither does bathing -
that's why we recommend it daily."
~Zig Zigler~

Only 121 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes, 17 seconds to go at time of post. Today wasn't bad but thank god for the extra days, hours, minutes and seconds. All of them. Seriously.

Another day, another run. Today I was prepared to run and didn't mind running. 3 miles today just like the 3 miles of yesterday and the 3 miles of the day before. It was cool again today. Sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 65. Totally doable. I did run in the middle of the day again, but because of the lower temperatures it wasn't a self-fulfilling, defeating prophecy. It's hard to find the time to do all these runs. And I'm only on Day 3. Most of us have to work for a living and even if we don't we have random shit to do. It's hard to get up early in the morning to run and at the end of the day you either don't feel like doing it or you have somewhere you want to be - dinner- happy hours - whatever. And once you start to drink...forget about it. Once the boozing commences, the dream of exercise has officially died.

I actually remembered my watch today to time my run, amazingly enough. I ran/walked 3 miles in 34:23 (34 minutes and 23 seconds). I actually ran pretty fast, and walked a significant amount, so I'd guesstimate that I ran at about an 8-9 minute pace today. I took walking breaks mostly when traffic intersections and lights forced me to stop anyways and I stayed hydrated. I don't have much else to report so I'll leave you with this tip of the day:

When I started running, my legs felt like JELLO. Like total utter and complete Bill Cosby gelatin J-E-L-L-O. Every part of my body that isn't muscle was undulating bizarrely and alarmingly. My tip, if you weren't too horrified to stop reading, is that the jello-sensation goes away. Your legs will return to normal and they will not fall off or melt into a pool of chocolate pudding. Just saying.

Here's some other food for thought:

If all the world were Jello-O
And whipped cream filled the sea,
Then the only spoon from here to the moon
Would have to belong to me.


When you're done eating your chocolate-vanilla swirl...



Come Run With Me.

No comments: